MinistryHub™ is partnering with a great church 25 minutes outside of Seattle, WA in their search for an Adults Ministries Pastor to oversee their small groups and discipleship strategy.
What We’re Looking For
• Someone with a passion and a calling to serve in pastoral ministry to adults. We are looking for a committed Christ-follower, of course, who meets the Biblical qualifications for church leadership and has a reputation for integrity and consistency of character. But more than that, we are looking for someone who embraces the opportunity to lead our various ministries for adults with commitment, passion, and a sense of God’s calling.
• Someone who relates well with people and takes a genuine interest in their spiritual development. The development and maintenance of strong relational connections is essential in recruiting, equipping, and caring for ministry leaders. We seek someone who is relationally strong, with an ability to build collaborative teams and influence a broad range of generations and ethnicities.
• Someone with a solid grasp of small group philosophy and strategy. Leading and growing our small group ministry—we call them Life Groups—is at the core of this position. We are looking for someone can take the lead in clarifying strategy, creating organizational structure and supporting ministries, and equipping new and existing Life Group coaches and leaders.
• Someone who will assume responsibility for implementing a comprehensive plan of discipleship. Growing spiritually is normal for every follower of Jesus. We have developed the bare bones of a Discipleship Path, but we need someone who will add meat to the bones by developing the tools, processes, resources, group environments, and classes to facilitate greater spiritual development of every adult in our church family—supporting rather than supplanting our Life Group emphasis.
• Someone who connects with our staff values and our church’s vision. Teamwork among staff members and departments is crucial. We have developed five staff values: community, common goals, clear communication, collaboration, and celebration. We are looking for someone willing to contribute to building these values into our staff culture and supporting our overall vision by aligning his goals, style, and ministry philosophy with those agreed upon by the rest of the team.
Type: Regular; Full-time; Salaried; Exempt
Schedule: Flexible based on ministry needs
The Adult Ministries Pastor is responsible to implement the vision of the church to make disciples through healthy and growing ministries to adults, with a particular emphasis on Life Groups. The Adult Ministries Pastor will provide motivation, leadership, and training to equip Life Group leaders to help those they influence follow the Discipleship Path to grow in their Christian life and become disciple-makers. The Adult Ministries Pastor will also lead other discipleship initiatives and equipping ministries for adults, including Discipleship Path classes, strategic mid-size group events, and age based ministries, from Young Adults through Young at Heart (senior ministry).
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide oversight and leadership to the Adult Ministry staff and volunteers, equipping and casting vision for ministry volunteers and small group leaders.
• Develop a team of coaches who can serve our Life Group leaders.
• Recruit, train, and encourage GCC’s Life Group leaders, utilizing the coaching team as much as possible.
• Facilitate the congregation’s assimilation into or continued activity in community life, particularly in digital and in-person Life Groups, but also in strategic mid-sized events and age-based ministries.
• Launch new Life Groups through recruiting, equipping, and empowering individuals for Life Group leadership.
• Oversee the curriculum, service projects, and health of Life Groups, providing leaders with ideas and resources.
• Develop and oversee classes related to the Discipleship Path.
• Support existing age-based ministries (such as Young Adults and Young at Heart) and subsidiary ministries (such as Alpha and International Students).
• Maintain or develop additional strategic mid-size classes and events promote spiritual growth for adults, supporting and enhancing—rather than competing with—GCC’s Life Group ministry.
• Assist in the areas of church discipline and congregational care, fulfilling general pastoral duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Possess college education with ministry training (M.A in ministry or biblical studies or better preferred).
• Possess excellent and effective communication skills, both interpersonally and in mid-sized and large groups.
• Be a self-starter, with good time and resource management skills and an ability to work independently, but also value working as part of a team.
• Have experience and passion for recruiting, training, and coaching adult volunteers.
• Proven track record in ministering effectively to adults of all ages.
• Embrace the church’s vision, direction, strategies, and approach to ministry and unreservedly hold to the church’s statement of beliefs.
• Relate to the church family and to the public in a manner that honors and represents Christ well.
• Be a member of Grace Community Church or become a member within six months of employment.
Grace Community Church is a vibrant, nondenominational church located 25 minutes outside of Seattle.
For all inquiries related to your application please contact us at hello (at) ministryhub.org