Assist the Director of Worship in the leadership of worship ministries at Trinity Wellsprings Church. This will involve recruiting, training, and cohesiveness of musicians, singers, and worship leaders for an engaging worship experience for services and special events.
The purpose of Trinity's worship ministry is to proclaim the Gospel and glorify God through music.
Highly skilled in the following areas:
· Voice, including the ability to teach parts.
· Familiarity with musical styles of various cultures within the community.
· Proficient in reading and performing choral/piano music and have experience directing choirs and instrumental groups.
· Able to lead worship from guitar and/or keys is a bonus!
• Commitment to the Christian faith and to the church's vision, mission, leadership, and people.
• Skill in interpreting and directing a broad range of music styles to offer variety in worship with the ability to teach, lead and creatively guide musicians of all ages.
• Understands the role of music in enhancing and inspiring congregational worship.
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills with adults and youth fostering openness, inclusiveness cooperation.
• Ability to build, direct and oversee a comprehensive music ministry.
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
• Attributes of confidentiality, integrity, and honesty
• Choral Direction, Rehearsing, and assisting the Director of Worship in service leading.
• Oversee and direct all aspects of the vocalists to include developing, recruiting, planning, rehearsing, and leading Trinity’s choir.
• Participate in weekly worship services and all church holiday-related worship services.
• Recruit, rehearse, and conduct for special musical presentations; typically, twice during the year (Christmas & Easter)
Communication and Personnel
• Attend and participate in Church Staff and Worship Planning meetings.
• Meet regularly with the Pastor and Director of Worship to discuss the design and execution of worship services.
Administration, Publication, and Planning
• Plan music to fit with the sermon series/Church Season in collaboration with Pastor and Director of Worship.
• Assist Director of Worship with the worship budget and prioritize funding to meet the needs of the worship ministry. Purchase music in accordance with budget guidelines applicable for the choir and respective seasons of the year. Music expenditures shall be reported to the church treasurer and not to exceed the amount provided in the church budget.
• Prepare and communicate rehearsal schedules in a timely manner.
• Communicate any church-wide announcements with the Church Office.
Maintenance and Resources
• Oversee the upkeep, maintenance, and tuning of all instruments.
• Competency in church management software (i.e., Pro-presenter, Planning Center) to display lyrics, chord charts and presentation in real time.
• Supervise the organization and inventory of the music library.
• Provide physical and electronic copies of materials for all choir members.
• Maintain church’s adherence to copyright laws and licensure, including keeping the church’s license current. Ensure all music remains property of the church.
• Occasional responsible for opening the church before services and be available to lock the church after services on a rotating basis with other staff.
This position shall be under the direct supervision of the Director of Worship.
• Commensurate with experience and education.
• The Director of Music is part time and requires flexibility to be onsite an average of 15-20 hours per week depending on operational needs.
• Weekly responsibilities include Sunday Worship, one evening rehearsal/practice session, and one planning day, increased workload during special events.
The Associate Director of Worship should demonstrate:
• The ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to use basic office computer hardware and peripherals, with or without reasonable accommodation.