Do you love Jesus? Do you love His church? Do you love people and want to see people far from God have new life in Christ? Are you an excellent teacher? Can you follow the direction and vision of a Lead Pastor? Can you dream big? Are you creative? Do you try new things (not afraid to fail)?
If so, you might be who we’re looking for…
Friendship Church is a 16-year-old contemporary church in rural North Texas. From our early days, we have grown to a multi-county church offering two Sunday worship experiences. We are currently searching for an Assistant Pastor to lead existing volunteers, teach adult classes, work directly with pre-teens and teens, and take what we do to the next level of excellence.
We are looking for someone who can understand and follow the heart, vision, and goals of the Lead Pastor and who is aggressive about the Great Commission. We are looking for someone who can wear multiple hats in the ministry of the church. We are looking for someone who will be the “right hand man” to our lead pastor – you must be skilled and extremely dependable.
Our environment: Casual, friendly, contemporary, and biblically conservative. Watch our worship services at facebook.com/friendshipchurchonline
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Submit to the vision of the Lead Pastor.
- Teach classes to adults on a variety of topics on a rotating schedule (frequently on Sundays).
- Preach from the main stage 6-8 times a year as needed.
- Lead, manage, and oversee Friendship Kids, our Sunday morning kids ministry.
- Teach, manage, and develop Fusion, our junior high and high school student ministry which meets bi-weekly at our Sunday 11 am service.
- Recruit and equip volunteers to serve in various aspects of kids & teens ministries.
- Recruit and manage volunteers and scheduling for front of house, parking team, and safety team.
- Assist with outreach projects in conjunction with the other leadership.
- Manage and lead (attend) kids and teens summer camps.
- Officiate / assist with weddings and funerals as needed.
- Perform pastoral care duties (visits, phone calls, etc).
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Be in alignment with Friendship Church’s strategy, vision, and beliefs. Find out more about us at friendshipchurch.com
- Must fit into established church culture.
- Strong management skills. You must be a self-starter who can lead and manage various aspects of the church’s ministry including numerous volunteers. You must be able to work independently based on direction from the Lead Pastor.
- You must love children and teens and want to see them know Christ.
- Meet the qualifications for pastoral leadership as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Strong teaching ability—able to teach the Bible in engaging, creative ways. You must be able to teach to a wide audience, from engaging lessons for pre-teens to effective messages from the main stage. This is primarily a teaching and management position, and we are looking for an excellent teacher.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- College degree required, or in progress.
- Experience with Planning Center helpful (but not required).
- General computer literacy. Must be able to write effective emails, documents, etc.
- Must be positive, friendly.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality. Be congenial, professional, business-like in all personal contacts with others.
- Exercise good time management skills.
- Manage conflict and maintain emotional control under stress.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in your appearance, work habits and quality of work performed.
- Maintain a teachable attitude.
NOTE: If you live in the North Texas area, you are not required to move. We spend more time working remotely than at the church’s facility. You will be provided with a computer and other tools you may need in order to work remotely.
Friendship Church is located in a small North Texas town, but we are a multi-county church. People from Montague, Cooke, Grayson, and Denton counties attend. Think area-centric, not town-centric. This reality gives us great opportunities to reach people!
To be considered for this position, please submit the following with your application via MinistryHub:
Link(s) to video of you preaching / teaching
Links to your social media accounts
Submissions without these three items will not be considered. Due to the volume of submissions, we will only respond to submissions we’re interested in considering. You will hear from us within seven days if we’re interested in taking the next step with your submission.