· Lead the staff, ministry teams, Session and rest of the congregation in FPCHHI’s evangelism efforts, helping FPCHHI connect more people to the Lord and lead more people to join us in our Mission. This includes identifying and engaging with current and new residents and online “residents,” whether retirees, working adults, singles, families or youth.
· Lead the staff, ministry teams, Session and rest of the congregation in developing and implementing creative ideas that enhance communication, technology and giving, helping FPCHHI engage with more people and build up God’s Kingdom at and through FPCHHI. This includes utilizing best practices and twenty-first-century solutions.
· Lead and support FPCHHI in our efforts to love our neighbors through our Outreach Ministry Team (Local and Global Outreach ministries), our Social Witness Task Force, and other FPCHHI ministries and endeavors such as our work with ecumenical partners and engaging with other communities (e.g., Black/Gullah churches and the Hispanic/Latino community).
WORSHIP AND OTHER PASTORAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist in leading worship and in administering the sacraments, including preaching at least eight times each year
· Assist Adult and Family Ministries by teaching/leading classes on a regular basis
· Assist in providing congregational care, as needed
· Assist in conducting weddings, services of witness to the resurrection, and committal services, as needed
· Attend Congregational Life, Communications and Giving Ministry meetings, as needed
PERSONAL AND WIDER-CHURCH RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Observe a sabbath day or period of time each week and otherwise commit to personal faith development/discipleship
· Maintain a balance between professional, personal and family responsibilities
· Serve in the presbytery, on higher governing councils of the PCUSA, and in the community and larger church.
· Serve the community and the wider church, as the Spirit leads
While the composition of our congregation tends toward an older demographic, we are a multi-generational community of faith that is politically as well theologically diverse but united in our commitment to the Lord, blessed with an abundance of experienced, bright, and gifted Christians with discretionary time and financial resources.
We live in a town that is a destination for vacationers, “snowbirds,” and many retirees, as well as service workers and young professionals. We seek opportunities to lead others to Christ and his love for us by attracting, inviting, welcoming, and engaging more visitors, newly retired residents, and especially more families and young people into the body of Christ at FPCHHI.
We are located in South Carolina’s wealthiest county, but one with areas of significant need. Also, some of the adjacent counties are among the poorest in the nation, where schools have woefully inadequate facilities and resources. We are committed to loving and serving these and other neighbors in need.
We are a “Community Church”, perceived by members and non-members alike, as a center of community life and activity, as we have facilities to host large groups such as the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra, the Hilton Head Choral Society, and the World Affairs Council. We value opportunities to engage in community activities and events as well as facilitate community conversations about important issues.
Please fill in the form and upload your Resume to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in, track your application and set up Job Alerts
Receive updates & notifications from MinistryHub