Introduction to Emmanuel Baptist Church
Emmanuel Baptist is looking for a Youth Pastor who has a passion for teaching, building relationships, and reaching the lost. EBC is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and Northwest Baptist Convention. We have a passion for our community and work alongside other Christian organizations like AWANA, Cru, Young Life, and Palouse Care Network to reach and serve those around us. We also recently started a Spanish-Speaking Ministry to reach those in our community who speak primarily Spanish.
We are located in Pullman, Washington - along the Idaho border about 90 minutes South of
Spokane. Pullman is a small town of 30,000 people and is home to Washington State
University which brings a significant presence of 20,000 students in residence.
Our 75 minute Sunday morning services are contemporary style and have been growing back to an average of 200 people in attendance, post-COVID. Along with the rest of the church, our Youth and Children's Programs are rebuilding. The Youth Program was led by a full-time Youth Pastor who has now become our Senior Pastor. We also have a full-time Worship Pastor, parttime Spanish Ministry Pastor, and a part-time Children's Ministry Director.
EBC owns a well maintained, 30,000 Square Foot building with an improved grounds and interior as well as three 15 passenger vehicles. The Youth Center is 2,000 Square Feet and is set up with A/V technology to host large groups. ?Click Here to view pictures of the Youth Center.?
The Youth Program is well funded and continuously supported by the congregation of EBC. This position is full-time and offers a competitive salary package with excellent health and retirement benefits. We are currently in the beginning stage of the search. Please see the attached Job Description for more information.
Associate Pastor of Youth Job Description Emmanuel Baptist Church - Spring 2022
The Youth Pastor of EBC will strive to nurture an effective ministry to youth and families, helping them become fully committed followers of Jesus in obedience, service, and outreach. They will also provide oversight to related ministries as they come alongside parents to disciple their children to follow Christ and invite others to follow Christ.
Some Responsibilities are as follows:
• Build relationships with the youth of Pullman and surrounding communities
• Develop, oversee, and train all levels of leadership within the Youth Ministries, including adult leadership, Youth interns, and student leadership.
• Oversee all aspects of Youth Ministries. (For Example: Youth & Small Groups, Discipleship, Camps, and Mission Trips.)
• Strategize and implement effective outreach to Non-Emmanuel Youth & families.
• Cast vision, communicate and implement the philosophy and strategy of the Youth Ministry.
• Represent Youth Ministry well to the staff, congregation, local schools, and community
• Work with Children's Ministry to strategize, develop, and facilitate an effective discipleship plan from birth through 12th grade, with careful thought towards a plan to disciple parents as they raise their children.
• If suitably gifted, the youth pastor would study, plan and preach on Sunday Mornings. (On average, about once every six weeks.)
• Assist other staff as needed and participate in staff meetings, retreats, business meetings, etc.
A. Expresses a clear testimony of personal salvation, believer's baptism, and a commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ with a clear calling to Youth/Student Ministry.
B. Exhibits godly character and qualities as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, and Acts 6:4
C. Has strong interpersonal and relational skills
D. Demonstrates commitment to regular personal accountability with other Christians and can maintain such relationships.
E. Exhibits a desire to reach the lost for Christ.
F. Demonstrates effectiveness in discipleship and in inspiring and equipping members to reach out to the community, addressing both spiritual and social needs.
G. Prior Youth Ministry Experience Preferred
If you are interested in joining our team
please submit a resume and cover letter to