Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Dean of the College of Theology, Arts & Humanities (TAH). The College of TAH is committed to liberal arts and a firm grounding in Lutheran confession. While the College offers a variety of traditional majors, it also provides support for academic disciplines across the university.
This position reports directly to the Provost, Senior Vice President for Academics & Chief Academic Officer and is located in River Forest, IL.
- Creates new programs and a vision for building interdisciplinary programs within the college and with other colleges at CUC
- Leads the faculty in reimagining the General Education curriculum reflecting the needs of contemporary learners
- Oversees a college-wide strategic plan to advance the CUC mission
- Creates and manages institutional budget
- Partners with division chairs and senior leadership to lead and grow the College
- Supports, supervises, and evaluates all faculty of the College
- Promotes the College's faculty and staff success and retention
- Candidates must support and be committed to the of Concordia University Chicago, a university of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- Working familiarity with the structure of private, faith-based institutions of higher education in general, as well as the educational institutions of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod (LCMS) in particular, and additionally supportive of LCMS doctrinal positions
- Knowledge of the structure of the liberal arts curriculum
- A record of successful organization and execution of administrative work at the program or university level
- Excellent interpersonal skills with students, faculty, staff, and senior leaders
- Experience with creating and managing an institutional budget
- Capability and preparedness to address internal and external challenges
Minimum Experience Required:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in higher education, including administrative leadership, scholarship, and teaching is required
- A current/active listing on one of the ministry rosters of the LCMS as well as active membership in an LCMS congregation is preferred
- A PhD in Theology, Art, or Humanities related discipline is required
- Undergraduate certification or colloquy completion as a professional church worker in the LCMS is preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range and faculty rank is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia University Chicago benefit options include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and/or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Disability and Survivor Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Tuition benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
Interested individuals should include the following in their online application:
- Cover letter
- Copies of post-secondary academic transcripts that reflect completion of advanced degree(s) (Official transcripts will be required upon hiring of successful candidates.)
- Names and phone numbers of three references
Only applicants submitting all required documentation above will be considered.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Theology, Arts & Humanities, College of Business, College of Education, and College of Health, Science & Technology, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and is consistently ranked among the Best Regional Universities-Midwest by U.S. News & World Report. For more than a decade, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more about our commitment to higher education, rooted in the Gospel, at .
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro