MinistryHub is honored to partner with GFUMC in their search for a Children's Director. Please direct all questions and applications to the team at MinistryHub.
MINISTRY AREA: Children (Birth through Fifth Grade)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Michelle Testman—Assistant Pastor of GFUMC
JOB TYPE: Full Time
OVERVIEW OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The Director of Children’s Ministries will be responsible for planning and overseeing all programming and events for children of GFUMC from birth through fifth grade.
- Organize and Train Volunteers
- Oversee & coordinate scheduling of paid nursery care assistants
- Help organize child-care for special events and programming of the church.
- Create, organize, and maintain Sunday School programing & volunteers
- Create, organize, and maintain Sunday School programing & volunteers for new contemporary service (start date to be determined).
- Choose or create educational curriculum for Sunday School and Children’s Church
- Create, organize, and maintain Children’s Church and Nursery Care for both church campus locations each Sunday. 1.) Carey Station Road campus, 9am 2.) Broad Street campus, 11am
- Organize Vacation Bible School/Camp each year
- Work with Preschool Director to facilitate continuity of faith development through a cohesive church and preschool curriculum.
- Help create opportunities for Children’s ministry to connect with families, members of GFUMC, and the Greensboro community.
- The Director of Children’s Ministries should have a love for Jesus and a passion for sharing that love with children and their families, by helping them develop a faith in Jesus and becoming His disciples.
- Candidate should align theologically with a similar tradition - such as Wesleyan, Methodist, Nazarene, etc
- The ideal candidate for this position has experience leading or working in children’s ministry, or a certification in Elementary Education.
- Strong in organizational and communication skills
- Able to recruit, lead and manage a team of awesome volunteers
The Director of Children’s Ministries works with clergy and staff to fulfill the mission of GFUMC. Additionally, the director will work alongside the preschool director, youth pastors, and young adult ministry coordinators to build programs and systems designed to support families.