MinistryHub is honored to partner with Holland Church in their search for a Director of Contemporary Worship. Please direct all applications through MinistryHub and any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal and Spiritual:
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Full engagement in active Christian lifestyle and discipleship, including regular worship attendance, small group participation, lifestyle of generosity, and serving out of call and giftedness
• Is in full alignment with / support of the vision and direction of Holland’s Church
• Models standards and expectations of Christian leadership
• Plan worship services with pastors and staff
• Recruit and train AV volunteers and band members
• Rehearse band weekly. (Currently Wednesday nights)
• Lead the praise band vocally and from piano, keys, or guitar
• Lead the weekly contemporary worship service
• Schedule AV volunteers and band members for worship services and special events
• Use the Planning Center to schedule volunteers and distribute chord charts, music files, etc.
• Manage, update, and schedule maintenance for AV equipment.
• Assist musically with special events: funerals, retreats, Vacation Bible School, etc.
• Ensure tech support is available for weddings, funerals, VBS, and special events as needed
• Work with a youth program to offer leadership for the youth praise band
• Ensure ProPresenter slides are populated for all services.
• Ensure service is live-streamed and uploaded to Vimeo properly
• Prepare annual budget for the contemporary worship team and AV needs
• Other duties as assigned or required
• Proficiency in guitar or keyboard and experience as a worship leader.
• Efficiency in, or ability to learn, ProPresentor, Planning Center, PowerPoint, Song Select, Vimeo, OBS, Soundcraft SI Expression, Audacity (or literally any better digital audio workstation).
• Know, or be able to learn, basic mixing principles (fixing feedback, setting EQ, etc.)
• Music literacy: be able to read chord charts, lead sheets, and sheet music well enough to lead and teaching band members and all vocal parts (melody & harmony).
• Successful candidate will have the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, delegate, and motivate others.
• Clear background check and Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
Estimated Hours Required
This position requires approximately 40 hours per week.
Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience