WARREN WOODS BAPTIST CHURCH JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FAMILY MINISTRY PASTOR
The Family Life Pastor shall serve as called by God to lead and minister to families, making disciples that produce followers of Jesus Christ who love God and others.
He will serve as God s shepherd to families, leading and feeding them with the truth of God s word and caring for the parents and their children. He will lead lay ministry people to accomplish the church vision & values statement in keeping with the philosophy of ministry. These include teaching the scriptures, engaging in pastoral care ministries, and leading families to make disciples.
Our Church Vision:
We seek to be a community of disciples that produces followers of Jesus who love God and love others.
Our Church Values:
Community - We welcome others as Christ has welcomed us, so that we can humbly serve one another, carry each other s burdens and grow in spiritual maturity together.
Worship - We believe God alone is worthy of the authentic, heartfelt expression of our love for Him, praising Him in a way that is reflected in our actions.
Discipleship - We intentionally build and strengthen our knowledge of God s Word through personal and corporate study, continuously establishing believers in the faith and equipping spiritually mature leaders.
Outreach & Missions - We are relying on God s direction through His Word when ministering to and serving others near and far, following God s example.
• This is a pastoral position, and therefore, the family life pastor must meet these qualifications of a pastor. 1 Tim 3:1-6
• Uphold and agree to the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
• Preferably a Southern Baptist background.
• Seminary degree required
• Preferably 5 years experience in a family pastoral ministry.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Previous biblical counseling experience preferred.
• Work with the Senior Pastor to implement a strategy for shepherding kids and addressing sensitive topics.
1. Provide spiritual leadership and oversight to the Pre-School, k-5, and youth ministry leaders.
2. Teach, Train and support children, youth and their parents.
3. Carry the bulk of responsibility of shaping the doctrinal and disciple-making direction of our children and student ministries (including but not limited to curriculum, teaching series, midweek service for youth, equipping for parents and Sunday morning ministry for children.
4. Be responsible for the curriculum from pre-school through 12th grade
5. Shepherd and mentor the staff and lay-leadership in a spirit of unity and peace, ensuring that God s work is undertaken with compassion, fairness, decency & order.
6. Proclaim the gospel and lead families in proclaiming the gospel to the church, community and around the world.
7. Oversees and teaches a midweek worship service for youth.
8. Coordinate ministry goals with the Senior Pastor, and attend all staff meetings
9. Help plan, coordinate, support and attend family, youth and children s events.
10. Attend Leadership Team meetings as they plan, organize and coordinate church programs, acting as the representative for pre-school, Children s & youth ministries.
11. Evaluating and supporting lay leaders as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
12. Train and teach pre-school, k-12 and youth leaders in their responsibilities to assist in shepherding, caring and serving children and their families.
13. Serve as overseer of the Childrens & Youth ministry volunteers.
14. Assist in conducting funeral services and wedding ceremonies as needed.
15. Cooperated with associational, state and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern, keeping the church informed of denominational developments.
1. The job will require a minimum of 45 hours per week.
2. The Family Ministry Pastor will have regular office hours. Teaching, meetings, visitation, counseling and other tasks will be included in his weekly work hours. Scheduling is to be flexible and is to be worked out with the Personnel Team and coordinated with the rest of the staff.
3. The Family Ministry Pastor will be responsible to the Senior Pastor
4. The salary will be determined at the time of employment as negotiated with the Personnel and Stewardship Teams.
5. Each year there will be a performance review conducted by the Personnel Team.