Driftless Ministries is a group of sister churches, consisting New Hope Methodist Church, Retreat Methodist Church, and Liberty Pole Methodist church, committed to serving God and loving our neighbors. We seek a dedicated, and passionate pastor to join us and lead our congregations in a renewed vision for reaching our community and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, excellent communication abilities, and a deep commitment to the ministry.
· Provide the congregation with spiritual leadership and pastoral care, fostering a culture of faith, love, and service.
· Develop and deliver engaging, biblically-based sermons during worship services and on special occasions and events.
· Plan and lead services, collaborating with the worship committee and ensuring that services are meaningful and spiritually enriching.
· Provide pastoral care for congregation members, including visiting the sick, counseling those in need, and offering support during times of crisis.
· Facilitate and encourage spiritual growth and discipleship by developing and implementing small group ministries, Bible studies, and other educational programs.
· Work with church leadership to establish and execute a vision and strategic plan for the churches' growth and leadership development.
· Engage and build relationships within the local community, participating in outreach and mission activities and being present during community events, and local school activities in our two school districts.
· Work with church boards to oversee the administration and management of church operations, including budgeting, financial planning, and shared ministry opportunities.
· Perform other pastoral duties, including weddings, funerals, baptisms, and dedications, as required.
· A deep commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
· A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ordination and good standing within a recognized Christian denomination or a willingness to seek ordination within six months.
· A deep understanding of and commitment to the Bible, Christian theology, and the Methodist/Wesleyan tradition.
· Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to connect with people from infants to our most senior adults and adapt to various ministry contexts.
· Strong leadership skills with a passion for empowering others and fostering a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, organize events, and work effectively under pressure.
· A desire to live and minister in rural southwest Wisconsin.
· A heart for pastoral care and the ability to provide compassionate and empathetic support to congregation members in times of need.
· An ideal candidate will have at least three years of pastoral experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of effective leadership, ministry development, and community outreach.
Job Type: Full-time
Full Compensation, including benefits and parsonage: $50,000 – $100,000 per year
Paid time off
Professional development assistance