MinistryHub is honored to partner with Calvary Children's Home in their search for a Program/Finance Assistant. Please direct all applications through MinistryHub and any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calvary is currently searching for a Program/Finance Assistant with an understanding of Microsoft 360 suite of products, non-profit policies, and the ability/experience to support office operations. Basic non-profit accounting, finance and bookkeeping experience is a plus (see full job description). Working at Calvary requires a team-oriented mindset, a willingness to be flexible in roles and responsibilities, a sacrificial spirit, and heart for our children and Calvary’s mission.
Location: In-office, Powder Springs, GA
Pay structure: Hourly
Hours: Flexible, office is open M-F from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
• Preferred: minimum of two years bookkeeping experience with a working knowledge of the principles and practices of non-profit and fund accounting, basic finance, and auditing. Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping principles, practices and applications and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Required: basic office operations experience, knowledge of Microsoft 360 suite of products (primarily Word and Excel), basic understanding of financial principles. The ideal candidate will be willing to take on varying responsibilities and tasks, possess a teachable spirit, have a heart to support Calvary’s operations as we provide for the children in our care.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; excellent organizational skills and attention to details; proficient in Microsoft Office; strong Excel skills is a plus.
- Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will perform a range of general clerical, accounting, and bookkeeping support functions, including but not limited to (on the job training will be provided):
- Assist and serve on the annual audit.
- Assist Finance Director with special projects.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
- Support Income Development activities.
- Social Media
- Email campaigns
- Letter campaigns
- Event support
- Campus visitor support
- Collect, confirm, and process employee time sheets and maintains records of all employees’ sick days, personal days, vacation days.
- Serves as liaison to the Business Manager in basic Human Resource needs.
- Assist with employee expense reports.
- Assist with front office duties to include but not limited to:
- Serve as a greeter to our friends and visitors and assisting with phone calls.
- Assists with receipting and letter generation.
This is a part-time position of 20-30 hours of work each week, with the ability to work more hours during peak seasonal needs (November-January).
Successful team members share the following characteristics:
- Adherence to Calvary Children’s Home Statement of Faith.
- You have a “go above and beyond” attitude.
- Must be able to maintain a modest and professional appearance.
- You thrive on constructive feedback and have a high level of integrity.
- You are a creative problem solver who works across teams and with a variety of constituents.
- Must be able to be trusted with confidential information.