Status: Part Time OR Full Time
Reports to: Operations Director
Location: New Castle County, DE with some work also in Southern Chester and Southern Lancaster, PA
The Project Manager will bring multiple years of home-repair or trade experience. With the support of a Volunteer Coordinator and Operations Director, the Project Manager will plan the project, order supplies, and ensure completion of the Client’s needs with excellence.
While most of the role will be conducting hands-on repairs, the candidate must be comfortable training and leading volunteers. The candidate must have a vibrant walk with Jesus that is reflected in their workmanship, attitude and collaboration with others.
Good Neighbors is looking for a gifted tradesman who is passionate about their mission and is eager to lead others in serving tangible, housing needs.
- Identify the scope of work and assess the necessary resources required for completion
- Calculate, order and procure home repair supplies
- Personally complete a wide array of home-repair projects - typically carpentry related work
- Coordinate with outside contractors and suppliers, when needed, to ensure excellence
- Maintain compliance with all laws, procedures and safety measures
- Collaborate with the Client Advocate to ensure the Client is supported and clearly communicated with throughout the home-repair process
- Partner with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure sufficient volunteer support is available for larger home projects
- Train and direct volunteers and new Project Managers
- Effectively use Good Neighbor’s project management software to track assignments and expenses
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly team meetings
- Be present for Good Neighbors functions and events to positively represent the organization
- Provide occasional support to the Operations Director in execution of the overall mission of Good Neighbors
- Remain up to date on training, safety and best-practices
- Mature Christian faith that fuels a passion to serve others. Actively involved in a local church.
- Advanced trade skills (carpentry primarily). Extensive experience in remodeling, construction or other trades (plumbing, electric, HVAC, etc.)
- Comfortable working on walkable pitch roofs. Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Active commitment to personal and professional growth...teachable, humble, and willing to learn
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Able to manage supplies, volunteers and deadlines for multiple, ongoing projects
- Relational and personable. Able to connect well with Clients, Staff, Volunteers and Vendors. Comfortable leading people in both group and on-on-one settings.
- Ability to work on occasional Saturdays (usually 1-2 a month mostly just in Spring + Fall).
- Lives in or near New Castle County
- Strong existing network with organizations, churches, schools, etc. in our region
Compensation & Benefits
- Flexible hours / project-based work schedule
- Competitive pay
- Retirement matching contribution
- Gas/mileage reimbursement
- Generous PTO