MinistryHub is honored to partner with Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch in their search for a Registered Nurse. Please direct all applications through MinistryHub and any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch: We have a wonderful position for RN's seeking a rewarding and refreshing opportunity to use your skills in a relaxed environment. We are a life-changing ministry focused on helping teen boys overcome life-controlling issues. Our medical department is growing, allowing us to open new positions for elite RN's with a heart for hurting families.
We are currently looking to hire for the Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-11:00pm shift.
Supervisor: Richard Swearingen, RN, Clinical Director
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
General Responsibilities of Registered Nurse:
- Learn and follow Adult & Teen Challenge International, USA (TCI, USA), CARF, and Arkansas Department of Human Services (ADHS) regulated guidelines for a 40-bed adolescent psychiatric facility
- Follow Infection Control Guidelines
- Reporting all serious injuries to supervisors and proper state agencies when applicable
- Incident reports
- Assist with medication inventory/audits
- Assist clients with Medication management (observation)
- On-call rotation
- Assess physical injuries or other medical needs and determine the plan of action
- Keep Parents, Case managers, and necessary caregivers (i.e. direct care) informed/ updated on important medical information pertaining to clients
- Coordinate obtaining prescriptions when applicable
- Thoroughly document/log information in EMR in accordance with TCAR policies
- Staff should be able and prepared to lead students to Christ.
- Provide spiritual leadership to residents while also continually encouraging residents toward personal growth and discipling as possible
- Other: At times, staff members may be called upon to serve in areas not necessarily outlined in their formal job description.
Qualifications of Registered Nurse:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or higher
- Current Nursing (RN) License
- Thirty (30) hours minimum of training in child care or related field
- Maintain First Aid and CPR certification
- Be trained in Crisis Intervention at least biannually (provided by TCAR)
- Valid Driver’s License
- At least 21 years of age
- Mature and Godly character
- Must meet the requirements of the Arkansas Department of human services as well as local, state, and federal requirements for the position (e.g. licensing and certification) All personnel will have a background check
- Experience with Pediatrics and Psychiatry preferred
Salary and Benefits
- To be determined. Consideration is based on education, certifications/licensure, experience, tenure, level of responsibility, job requirements, skill level, competency, and performance history
- 75% of Continuing Education Expenses up to $5,000.00 per year
- Group Insurance (company contributes to HSA), Dental and Vision
- Nursing License renewal paid
- Personal Liability Insurance covered
- Retirement with 3% matching
- Unique benefits including but not limited to; staff equine days, access to CrossFit gym, Employee Assistance Program and many more.