I. Programming Responsibilities
? Responsible for Sunday Buddies program and Sunday Adult Class to include oversee, recruit, place, coordinate and training of volunteers so Special Needs families can worship at Christ Presbyterian Church
? Ensure that the special needs ministry fosters an environment that is safe, engaging and relational for participants and families.
? Oversee, recruit, place, coordinate and train volunteers for children’s and adults’ respite, and VBS for children with special needs (VSBS)
? Execute volunteer appreciation plan
? Foster good communication and supportive relationships with individuals with Special Needs and their families
? Responsible for ensuring supplies needed for Sunday morning and events are ready
? Schedule morning, lesson, games, and other elements of day
? Co-plan, with Director of Special Needs, curriculum around Bible lesson, develop and lead the implementation of crafts, games, music and snacks
? Provide administrative support to include set up, take down of environment, ordering supplies and preparing media
? Recruit and train volunteers, including storyteller, music leader
? Prepare registration supplies, coordinate online registration, provide quiet room set-up and other modifications as needed to serve the individuals with special needs
? Coordinate feedback surveys and volunteer appreciation
? Communicate information to families for registration, dates of events and orientation plan
? Collaborate with Communications team for promotion and design
II. General Responsibilities
? Support Christ Presbyterian Sunday Worship, Missional Communities, Special Events and Parties through championing, encouraging and personal participation
? Attend weekly Sunday Coordinator meetings, staff meetings and retreats
? Assist the Special Needs Director in cultivating a culture in special needs ministry of hospitable worship, missional living and parties that aligns with the overall culture of Christ Presbyterian Church
? Support and offer encouragement to Special Needs Parents
? Attend meetings and conference to further understand best practices in special needs, as opportunity presents
? Assist in the management of the ministry budget under the oversight of the Director
Maintain the compliance of the child protection policy including running background checks for volunteers serving in special needs ministry.
Collaborate with multisite leaders and community church leaders as needed to care for individuals with special needs in Nashville congregations
Technology & Communications
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of technology needed for events and programming
- Plan and implement weekly online classes, keeping powerpoints up to date and assisting in the facilitation of the classes on a zoom setting ensuring safe and engaging online practices for all individuals involved
- Assist in the facilitation of an engaging Social Media presence on the Special Needs Ministry Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Coordinate with the Communications team for the Special Needs team ensuring all communications and designs are received as needed
Universal / All Staff Expectations:
- Contribute to an ongoing increase of non-churched Nashville residents into Christ Presbyterian corporate worship services.
- Shepherd Christ Presbyterian members and attendees to increase the frequency of their Sunday worship attendance and engagement.
- Contribute to increased engagement of members and regular attendees in private worship involving near-daily Bible reading and prayer.
- Contribute to increased numbers and percentages of members/regular attendees who actively “befriend and bring in” people who don’t have a church.
- Involvement in Learning Groups, Connect Groups, and CPC Ministry Teams are to be especially emphasized.
- Contribute to the increase of regular member/attendee involvement and volunteerism in the church, especially on Sunday mornings and within your ministry area—strengthening CPC as a “staff led, volunteer run” church.
- Help all members/attendees under your influence engage meaningfully and enthusiastically in CPC parties, outreach initiatives, etc.
- Through regular recruiting, equipping, and support, contribute to the continual growth of CPC’s volunteer servant pool—always aiming to “turn strangers into friends, friends into family, and family into empowered servants and leaders.”
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
? Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
? 1-3 years’ experience with special needs ministry preferred
Skills and Abilities
? Ability to engage children with special needs, parents and volunteers
? Strong communication and relational skills
? Strong interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on a team environment
Strong computer skills with emails, Google sheets, docs, slides and drive
? Pursue an intimate relationship with the Lord including devotion, prayer and study
? All employees must commit to performing their duties in accordance with the stated mission and purpose of the school, CPC Policies and Procedures Manual, CPC 101, and the Westminster Confession of Faith. All employees must be evangelical Christians and active members of an evangelical Christian church.
Membership at Christ Presbyterian Church will be required.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.