MinistyHub is honored to partner with Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch in their search for a Bookkeeper/Accountant. Please direct all applications through MinistryHub and any inquiries to email@example.com.
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Manages and performs the accounting roles of accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliations and internal audits. Assists the administration department in the day-to-day business of running the ministry by using QuickBooks to manage accounts receivable and payable and provides detailed reports using Excel.
- Maintain accurate and up to date financial records for all accounts.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensuring legal requirements compliance.
- Develop and maintain written bookkeeping procedures.
- Assure all credit card and credit account expenditures are recorded on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile all banking accounts with QuickBooks.
- Prepare payroll for processing by 3rd-party accounting service.
- Perform regular internal financial audits.
- Management and oversight of accounts payable and receivable.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare regular financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assure all bills and invoices are posted and classified in a timely manner.
- Work with management to problem solve billing issues.
- Liaison with 3rdparty accounting company on all financial matters.
- Audit accounts payable on a regular basis to find over/under payments.
- Audit accounts payable on a regular basis to ensure the ministry is using services it pays for efficiently.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- It is expected for this position to perform at least 40 hours of job-related duties per week.
NOTE: The pay is highly dependent on experience and education. We are first looking for a great cultural fit for our ministry. Mid-level bookkeepers through highly experienced staff accountants are encouraged to apply. Training and continued education support would be considered for the right candidate.
Key qualifications to be considered for this include:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred.
- 4+ years' experience as an accountant for business(es) with a minimum of $2+ million/yr in receivables/payables.
- 2+ years' advanced experience with QuickBooks is required.
- 2+ years’ experience with Excel is required (advanced preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ministry mind-set and Christian character.
- Pay is highly dependent on education and experience
- Major medical insurance: 75% paid by employer for employee coverage
- Free telehealth and tele-mental health
- Dental, vision, and life insurance available
- Up to 3% matching retirement
- Health savings account with employer contribution
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
Job Type: Full-time, On-site in Morrow Arkansas, 25 miles SW of Fayetteville.
Minimum of 40 hour work week. 10 hour / 4 days work week is available as well as working from home one day of the week after the 90 day probationary period is completed.
Pay: $17.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Accounting: 4 years (Required)
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Required)