The VCC Kids Director makes, matures, and mobilizes apprentices of Jesus. In partnership with parents and as a member of the VCC FAM Team, the VCC Kids Director is responsible for creating a safe, warm, and welcoming environment on Sundays, at Kid’s ComGroup, and in all ministries for children (birth to fifth grade).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate a clear and compelling vision for the VCC Kids ministry and how we partner with parents.
- Develop and oversee all VCC ministry to children (birth to 5th grade), including during church-wide events.
- Supervise VCC Kids ministry staff, including associates, admins, and interns.
- Oversee recruitment, training and shepherding of volunteers serving in Kids Ministry.
- Ensure all volunteers have met their compliance requirements.
- Work with Kids Team to evaluate and identify age-appropriate curriculum.
- Develop policies and procedures for teachers and volunteers with input from the Family Pastor and Operations Manager.
- Participate at all-staff meetings and serve as a member of the VCC FAM Team (Children, Students, and Disability)
- Assist with baby dedications and introducing children to baptism, communion, and other church practices and traditions.
- Care well for hurting kids and parents; interface with parents regarding behavior issues.
- Manage parent notification protocol (incident, injury, illness).
- Develop and maintain annual budget for ministry.
· Humble, teachable, enthusiastic, loves Jesus, kids, and parents.
· Able to lead and inspire volunteers.
· Able to receive criticism and feedback.
· Strong communicator, highly organized, dependable, excels in teamwork, ideator.
· Experience teaching kids.
· Bachelor’s Degree or more.