Monument Presbyterian Church is prayerfully seeking a Worship Director to help lead the church in the style of “Modern Hymns."
Worship Director Job Description
The Worship Director will plan and lead music for Sunday morning and special services, organize and disciple the volunteer worship team, and integrate music ministry into the vision of worship by being a full participant in church staff and working with the pastors.
The Worship Director is accountable to the pastors and the congregation through session.
Time and Compensation:
The Director of Worship is an hourly position. Hourly expectations are an average of 15 hours per week. Director of Worship will be required to track hours. Hourly rate offered will be in the range of $18-$21/ hour..
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A person of faith with an understanding of worship as something more than a musical performance
- Vocal and instrumental leadership – ideally guitar and/or piano
- Leadership qualities including good communication, decision making, planning and comfort being in front of others
- Familiarity with CCLI and other necessary computer programs for song selection, scheduling, and creating worship slides (Proclaim)
- Have a working knowledge of sound and projection technologies, or a willingness to learn.
- Ability to plan ahead and keep multiple services and schedules organized.
- Ability to work well with praise team members, encouraging, supporting and investing in them.
- Work with Lead Pastor to plan Sunday morning worship. This includes choosing or facilitating special music for introits, offerings, and communion
- Choose arrangements of songs and assemble music books for praise team members.
- Make schedules for Sunday morning praise teams, sound, and projection, Including special services (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Schedule piano players for Sunday service.
- Lead team practices
- Facilitate the congregational singing during the service
- Lead the congregation in worship on Sunday morning, or equip a praise team member to lead.
- Lead and/or oversee mid-week and Sunday morning rehearsals. This includes finding times to train and equip musicians to improve their technical skill and understanding of worship
- Move the style of worship in a “modern hymns” direction
- Work closely with pastors and other staff to connect music to the larger vision of MPC
- Meet weekly with Lead Pastor
- Attend weekly Staff Meetings (Monday mornings)
- Work with Administrative assistant to prepare slides for Sunday Worship service
- Oversee our worship technology and keep it up to date, including sound board, sanctuary computer, projector, and projection software.
- Oversee our instruments (piano, drums, guitars, etc.) and make arrangements for maintenance, upkeep, or new purchases. This includes scheduling piano tunings.
- Oversee pianists and volunteer worship team
The Worship Director may take up to five (5) Sunday morning worship services off during the year. The time off will be approved and coordinated with the Lead Pastor. Unused paid time off at the end of the year will not roll over to the next year or be paid as additional compensation.
Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor(s)/ Head of Staff in coordination with the Personnel Committee. The Session Personnel Committee will review annually the adequacy of the job description and the compensation.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO FRONTDESK@MONUMENTPC.ORG
Address: 2020 ½ S. Broadway, Grand Junction, CO 81507
Phone: 970 – 255 - 6549