MinistryHub is partnering with Lakewood Ranch Baptist Church in their search for a full-time Worship Pastor to lead our music ministry.
Our worship is contemporary with a full band, and we also sing some hymns. We have a part-time production director to help with the technical side on Sunday mornings.
The Worship Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess the qualifications for elder/pastor listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, and he will have a clear heart to shepherd others. The Worship Pastor will support the Lead Pastor and provide pastoral care to the entire congregation, often wearing many different hats beyond just being the worship leader (teaching, discipleship, leading a small group, counseling, prayer, new member assimilation, outreach).
• Demonstrate an evident love for God, which will be evidenced through loving others, keeping his eyes pure, maintaining a consistent devotional life, being committed to stewardship, and having a healthy family life that is supportive of his ministry.
• Have a strong voice and be capable of leading worship with an instrument, preferably a guitar.
• Have 5 years of full-time experience in worship leading and/or pastoral ministry.
• Have some formal theological training.
• Have a friendly, outgoing personality that relates well to all ages. The Worship Pastor will have a demonstrated ability to foster unity.
• Effectively recruit, train and develop volunteers on the praise team and tech team. The Worship Pastor will also provide pastoral care and discipleship over his teams, and he should be intentional about his teams spending time together outside of Sunday mornings and band practice.
• Be proficient with the technical elements of this role: ProPresenter, Planning Center, Ableton, lighting, and managing live stream. Proficiency with social media, graphic design and the ability to shoot and edit videos are also a huge plus.
• Work well in a team environment, seeking to receive and able to offer constructive feedback from all staff members.
• Stay aware of developments in contemporary worship music trends (new songs, styles, instrumentation, media, etc.), but we’re not looking for someone who is frequently jumping to the latest trend, or who is afraid of doing simple, paired down songs.
• Be creative, self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
• Possess strong administrative skills including, but not limited to, managing budgets, setting annual goals, and planning events.
• Filter all songs for appropriate theological content, favoring songs that engage both our minds and emotions.
• Be committed to professional development.
• Be ordained or seeking ordination.
• Affirm the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message and our church covenant (https://lwrbaptist.com/about/how-we-intend-to-live).