MinistryHub is supporting First Presbyterian Church of Flint in their Youth Pastor search.
• Possess a vibrant, personal Christian faith and a willingness to work within the theology of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and the wider Reformed Protestant tradition.
• Prayerfully and joyfully reimagine what youth ministry looks like here at FPCF
• Build and strengthen middle and high school student relationships through personal, direct, and pastoral conversation;
• Provide oversight and leadership at youth ministry gatherings;
• Research, prepare and, if necessary, create faith formation materials;
• Teach Faith Formation classes (Sunday School) classes for both youth and adults on topics related to youth, family, and culture;
• Identify, recruit and train a corps of adult youth workers;
• Coordinate annual confirmation classes in consultation with the pastoral leadership of the church.
• Organize and participate in annual youth retreats, trips and camps;
• Provide opportunities for connection, fellowship, mission, and service for middle and high school students;
• Maintain communication with and assist in the spiritual formation of recent high school graduates;
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuing education by attending conferences and other learning and professional renewal opportunities annually.
• Attend all scheduled Faith Formation staff meetings
• Attend Weekly All-Hands Staff meetings
• Attend monthly Session (Board of Elders) meetings
• Interface with other ministries as opportunities occur
The Director of Youth Ministry will oversee adult youth volunteers and interns and will report to the Senior Pastor (Head of Staff). They will work alongside the associate pastor and directors on staff, especially the Director of Children and Young Family Ministries, as a cooperative team member.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Full-time benefits include: 4 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of continuing education leave, medical+dental insurance, 401K annuity program, continuing education reimbursement, and more.
Learn more about this role and First Presbyterian Church of Flint here: https://fpcf.work/
Please fill in the form and upload your Resume to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in, track your application and set up Job Alerts
Receive updates & notifications from MinistryHub