Youth Pastor (Director) Position
The role and responsibilities of the Youth Pastor is to make disciples of Jesus Christ from the Junior and Senior High School students in our church and community. This includes but is not limited to: introducing young people to saving faith in Christ, teaching them God’s Word, training them in the basics of the faith, equipping them to serve the Lord with their unique gifts, actively discipling them, and partnering with parents in helping to raise their children in Christ. Also, training and empowering other leaders to serve in order to establish a healthy and vibrant youth ministry at The Lakes Church.
Mission of The Lakes
Our mission is simple and found right from God’s Word: To know Christ and to make Him known. (Luke 19 and Matthew 28).
The Youth Pastor reports to the Elder board and will be directly supervised by Pastor Mark Pospisil for spiritual and ministry guidance. Also, the Elder board will perform an annual evaluation of ministry performance.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
Develop and implement a thriving and vital youth ministry for Middle and High School students which includes but is not limited to:
- Disciple the youth into a deep relationship with Jesus Christ through group meetings and individual interactions. This is accomplished through teaching God’s Word, worship and fellowship (Acts 2:42).
- Develop a youth ministry culture where youth can easily connect and grow in their relationship with God and each other. A place where youth want to go and where deep friendships are formed (which includes events and camps such as Cedar Point, Winter Camps, game nights, etc.)
- Reach new youth in our community with the gospel.
- Develop and mentor a team of youth leaders from differing ages.
- Encourage and come alongside parents in the process of discipling their youth.
- Communicate plans with the staff, youth, and parents in a responsible, clear, and timely manner using resources available (Attend all staff meetings, website, email, bulletin, newsletter, etc.).
- Being accessible and personable to offer care and counseling to youth. This includes attendance to extracurricular activities, hospital visitations, support in hard times, etc.
- Plan a yearly mission trip for high school and a local mission activity for middle school students.
- Work in concert with the gifts and positions of other staff members to maintain a godly culture.
- Clear and growing relationship and commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Adhere to the beliefs, core values and mission of The Lakes Church.
- A personable and pastoral heart.
- A bachelor’s degree from a reputable Bible college is preferred.
- A proven ability to work effectively with youth, volunteers, parents and others.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Youth ministry: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person